These few items are required to be completed in order to be eligible for your own free PPE. We prioritize any medical facility or hospital orders first and continue to fulfill individual requests in the order que. The goal has always been to maximize the tools we have to help others during a time when many are not as fortunate.
Personal Protective Equipment
PPE Request Guidelines
- 3DCDESIGN.COM registered account
- Submit one of our official PPE Request forms with a valid email
- Include any additional questions/requests
As simple as that! All requests are responded to within 24 hours so if any additional information is required it can be discussed! If you have any additional questions, concerns, or even just more questions about 3d printing, contact us at: email@example.com
How to get Involved!
- Get a 3D Printer!
- Learn from our experience and mistakes! Check out our must-knows about getting into 3D Printing!
- All models pictured can be produced with printers all costing less than $250!
- Download Official PPE Models
- No Printer? No problem!
Current PPE Production
What is PPE?
PPE or Personal Protective Equipment is worn to minimize exposure to hazards that cause serious workplace injuries and illnesses. These injuries and illnesses may result from contact with chemical, radiological, physical, electrical, mechanical, or other workplace hazards. Personal protective equipment may include items such as gloves, safety glasses and shoes, earplugs or muffs, hard hats, respirators, or coveralls, vests and full body suits.
With the outbreak of Covid-19, the expanse of 3d printed PPE applications has expanded immensely. It has allowed anyone with access to a 3d printer to help supply products to the essential workers and those in need.
Protective Face Shields (IC3D)
- Fully covered top to prevent droplets falling onto the eyes
- Spacing off of the wearer’s face to accomodate large goggles
- Large strap holes to allow for maximum flexibility of sourcing elastic bands
- Foam cushion for comfort and to prevent slippage (a towel can also be taped to the “bill”)
- Designed so that 4 sets can nest on an 11×11″ (280x280mm) build plate (such as Taz 6 / Workhorse) to maximize off-hours printing
- Reliable seal around the face, even when moving around
- Uses HEPA filters
- Allows physicians to breathe easily
- Allows communication without being overly muffled
- Easy to print
- Reasonably comfortable for long periods of time
- Incorporates large straps for security and comfort
- Feasible to deploy from the community to the hospital in large numbers
The coupon codes are applicable to any product purchased through the 3DCDesign site directly. Including all downloads and products.